Friday, March 18, 2011

Vignette project

The Devil’s Spike

All of the men on my dad’s side of the family have a little spike on their eyebrow. Some say that it’s just a random trait, but I call it the devils spike. It makes me feel like I’m part of the family. To me the ‘devil’s spike’ is kind of cool. It makes me unique and different than other people. It reminds me of where I’ve come from and what I have descended from. Nobody can take it away. The other day I noticed that my brother didn’t have one and I was confused. Why didn’t he have it? Was he not one of us? I thought about it for a long time, and decided he just didn’t inherit it. It all has to do with science or something like that. All of the men have done great thing and have all been individuals and different personalities. It mainly reminds me of my dad and everything he has done for me. It almost brings is closer, but we still manage to keep our distance. If I ever lost my ‘devil’s spike’ I would feel like I lost a part of myself.

Different

Why are you so different? You always act weird and you always dress weird. I don’t know, it’s just who I am. Today my friend asked me this, and that’s all I could say, I don’t know. Should I be normal I asked? Yeah because if you aren’t normal what are you. That’s why I always try to fit in and be friends with everybody so I’m not an outcast. I sometimes sit in my bed staring at the ceiling wondering how I can act to be normal. It normally takes a while, but I usually think of about one or two ways before I go to bed. The next day I will try to be quiet and not say something that would make me sound weird, but it never happens. So I’ll just go back to being my normal self weird and all, and it just annoys people. What can I do? I’ve tried everything, but it never works. I hope one day I will just find somebody who gets me and knows what I’m talking about. It’s not bad, but it’s just not good.

Happy New Years

It was New Year’s Eve, and I just had to go. My mom thought oh it’s too dangerous, and there’s drunk drivers everywhere, but I knew I would be fine. It’s just for a couple of hours I pleaded, but it seemed like her iron wall of defense was just not letting down. Stuck in her ways she repeatedly told me I wasn’t going to do anything that night and I was just going to sit at home with her all night and do nothing. I refused to come out of my room as I was mad at her. I think she saw the sadness of not being able to do what I wanted and took that into consideration. She appeared at my doorstep after I told her that I hated her and did the one thing I had never seen her do. She actually listened to me and let me be free. To me this was the greatest gift of all. I knew I would be fine because I know I could take care of myself. After all aren’t I the one she called the wonder boy? The boy who could do anything and still manage to be safe while doing it? I left for the bus stop and took one look back and just started on my way. The party wasn’t as good as I had hoped, but it felt like a milestone for me. I was finally able to stay out past midnight. When I got home around 2:30 in the morning my mom looked tired and relieved at the same time. I saw that look in her face that showed happiness and calmness. All was well.

Good Morning.

It’s so early that raccoons are still scurrying around. But they make no noise the only noise I hear is the voice in my head telling me to do what’s right. I keep putting it off for a while saying I’ll do it in a little while. Time passes and suddenly it’s about a half an hour later. Oh crap! Time to make it work. I start kind of slow at first, but the time is flying by so I start to speed up and do what I have to do. I feel like it took to long for the amount that I produced, but it was just enough to get me by. And that’s all that I ever do, is get by. I want to make a change to where I can commit to doing something regularly, but I can’t find the strength to do so. I need to look deep down and find a spark to ignite the fire of my brain. They say we only use the percent of our brain, but I want to use it all and make the most of it. So here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment