Saturday, December 11, 2010

Book Response

Book Response

This section of the story was more surprising than anything else. For one you found out who killed Wellington on page one hundred twenty. I was very surprised when Father tells Christopher that he killed the dog, but it made sense. I remember in the begging of the story he angrily tell Christopher to just stay out of the whole investigation. When he found out, Christopher wondered what else his dad had lied about. What happened next was another major event in the story. When searching his father’s room while he was at work he found a box full of letters from his mother who had supposedly died years before. He started reading them and discovered that she was indeed alive and was living in London. He decided to get away from his dog- murdering father and visit her. The story leaves of right there after the second paperclip, so I wonder what will happen after that. I predict that he will want to stay with her for the rest of the story.

I figured out that Christopher’s dad was probably an alcoholic because whenever they got in a fight he would say, “I need a god damn drink”. I think he is provoked to drink because he is a single parent raising an autistic child, which I imagine would be stressful. He also might drink because he is just having a hard life working a dead end job. I can relate to this because I have met people who drink for similar reasons. One thing I found very interesting is Christopher’s whole lying thing. At the beginning of the story Christopher says he cannot tell a lie or tell a joke, but later on he explains that he tells white lies which are truth, but not the whole truth. Is that still a lie? I’m not sure, but he also tells a joke. Maybe everything Christopher does is a lie. I’m just very confused, and I hope the book reveals more in the end. Christopher is a very interesting character and so far the story is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment