Saturday, December 4, 2010

Response to the curious incident of the dog at night time

So far while reading this story by Mark Haddon I have been very questioning about it. There have been couple moments where I just wondered. For instance when Christopher says he never tells lies. I had a couple of questions about it. My first one was ‘Can he not lie because of his autism?’ I know that autism has certain things that happen where like a person thinks a certain color is bad, or they are not able to tell certain emotions, so this might be another one of those things. My second question was is he not able to tell a lie because he just isn’t a liar. I also think that this idea could be possible because some people just can’t lie. It relates to how I can’t fall asleep without a light on or without socks. It just bothers me. So far from reading the story I would say it is probably because he just doesn’t like lying. I just developed this through the actions that he has done so far.

My second was why is the father so angry all of the time? Some theories I came up were maybe he was mad because his wife cheated on him, his wife died, or it is just raising an autistic child as a single parent. Sometimes when people find out their spouse is cheating on them they cannot control themselves. There seems to be some fire burning deep down inside. I have seen this happen before and it was just crazy. When somebody very close to you dies you will always feel like it was your fault and you could have done something to stop it. When they were fighting it seems plausible that it could have been around the time that his wife died. This would obviously cause stress. The final theory of him being a single parent is probably the most logical answer. Raising a child as a single parent must be very challenging because you have to balance bills with food and tons of other variables. I think the thing that would make it even harder is having a child with some sort of development problem.

Si far I am really enjoying this book and all of its crazy antics. I look forward to keep on reading it and asking more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment